A PATTERN FOR PRAYER: ACTS
A - ADORATION
C - CONFESSION
T - THANKSGIVING
S - SUPPLICATION
* Adoration sets the tone of the entire prayer. It reminds us whose attention we have gained.
* Adoration reminds us of God's identity and inclination. As we lift up his attributes, His character and His personality, we reinforce our understanding of who He is.
* Adoration purifies the one who is praying. It purges our spirit and prepares us to listen to God.
* Confession cleanses your conscience. It helps you to finally become honest with God.
* When you are totally honest about your sins something happens. You will be flooded with relief that God has a forgiving nature.
* Thanksgiving express gratitude.
* There is a difference between feeling grateful and expressing thanks
* God is our Father and he is moved when we express our thanksgiving.
*Supplication are requests. (Philippians 4:6)
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.